Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

What the Hell

So now Holcomb AND C. Brown are under the knife. I'm no doctor, but doesn't it seem incredible that Holcomb is facing a 4-6 month recovery from a surgery done in February when, it would seem, he could have had that surgery over a month ago?

And C Brown, man will the injuries ever end? I wonder what kind of position this sort of thing puts the Browns when trying to renegotiate -- can they really guarantee Courtney enough money that he'd be willing to resign without overcommitting themselves to a guy who, at this rate, won't be able to play for many more years? I hope I'm blowing this out of proportion though. Forgive me if I wonder if what Butch calls "a little cleanup" might actually be knee-replacement surgery...

Finally, I'd have to think Holcomb's surgery is making Couch take a somewhat more aggressive stance on renegotiating. It might not be easy for this deal to happen. Heck, the Browns could very well be looking at starting the season with a free agent quarterback, Hybl or another free agent as second-string, and a recovering Holcomb in third-string while he also tries to assimilate a new offense. Yikes. The Browns, perhaps expectedly considering this front office, see it otherwise though -- they are saying Holcomb should be able to _better_compete come training camp cause his shoulder will be feeling SO good. Well, I guess you have to think positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home