Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Well-mannered, Bright, Well-Spoken

I read this and am kind of pleased:

I think, even though I've said it once, it bears repeating: This is the most well-mannered, bright, well-spoken group of top draft prospects I've ever met in my 20 years covering football. I mentioned this to Giants GM Ernie Accorsi last week, and he heartily agreed. "It's not a stretch with guys like Philip Rivers to say, and really mean, that you'd wish your daughter would meet one of these guys," he said. "There's a bunch of really great kids in this draft." It's more than these guys simply being media-savvy. There's no paper trail of off-field crap behind the majority of these players. The NFL has to be thrilled.

And then I think, oh yeah, this is Butch Davis and people are saying we're going to wind up with Kellen Winslow.... It's not that I won't be excited to have a potentially game-breaking tight end, it's just that there are a number of other players that seems like better and, yes, safer prospects.

Also, though, I do like to hear that "if Cleveland, at No. 7, doesn't move up to take Gallery, it won't be for lack of trying," though with the current Gallery feeding-frenzy I have big doubts that the price will be palatable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home