Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Romeo Speaks

Crennel has some interesting things to say: 1) The Browns are interested in Law. I think that'd be great. More than anything else, I think the Browns interest in Boulware and Law is indicative of their realization that they really need a few more players to emerge on defense. I'd rank a guy like Boulware more of a priority than Law, but both would be great if their health allows them to play. 2) Droughns has had a good attitude in camp. Good. I still think it would be reasonable for the Browns to pay him a little more than his current contract allows, more as a gesture of goodwill than anything else. 3) Lang "doesn't look like a fish out of water" playing linebacker. Good. I have a lot of faith in Crennel to get a guy like Lang in a position to be effective, but I do wonder if this is codeword for "holy crap we need a real pass-rushing linebacker." 4) Faine has gained weight. It's good that Crennel is keeping his eye on a guy like this in whom the team's fortunes will rise or fall with. Lets face it, the Browns need Faine to be a solid guy on the line and he's got to stay healthy. I'd like to believe he can someday live up to his high-draft status.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home