Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Friday, February 27, 2004

Gallery & Roethlisberger

For whatever reason, I definitely get the feeling one of these two guys will be there at 7 if Manning and Fitzgerald go #1 & #2. I wonder if Denny Green is serious about not picking a QB. I wonder if the Giants could pass up Sean Taylor. I wonder if there isn't a team in the top 6 that is crazy about Kellen Winslow.

If those two guys are gone, I still wonder... there is going to be 4-6 very highly regarded players available at #7, and I think the Browns will be in the thick of some trade offers. If something comes the Browns way that keeps them in the top 15, I think it will be pretty tempting.

Here's some interestng speculation on the Northcutt thing affecting the Browns in the draft. Hadn't really thought of this...
With the 7th pick overall in this year's first round, it is very possible that the best players available when the Browns pick would include elite receivers such as a Roy Williams of Texas or even USC soph sensation Mike Williams if he doesn't run all that well in pre-draft workouts. However, if the Browns did end up retaining Northcutt's rights, they would have some depth at WR which could allow them to look at other positions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home