Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

On the Clock

The latest, and perhaps most disconserting, rumors floating around are that the Dolphins are convincing people they will take Braylon Edwards at #2, and that the Browns are concerned. First off, this sure seems to be a ploy of Nick Saban to make a trade down, and I hope his bluff is called and he's forced to make a pick. Secondly, this wouldn't be the end of the world. I like Edwards, but he's not a sure-thing Pro-Bowler. And if Smith and Edwards come off the board it's likely to hurt the value of the #3 pick, but it still doesn't make a trade imposible. Wouldn't Tampa be interested in bumping up two slots for a suddenly modest price? I think so.

Anyhow, I do think and hope Miami is bluffing. The question is whether other teams interested in trading up for Edwards believe the same. Should be an interesting ride today.

UPDATE: Just saw John Clayton on tv and HOLY CRAP I CAN'T STAND THAT GUY!!! He said, "The Dolphins WILL take Braylon Edwards with the second pick" and I think his eyeballs popped out of their sockets when he said "will." Arrrgh. What a loser. And now just because Clayton has reported it I am more confident that the Dolphins are full of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home