Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Fantasy notes

My team is 3-0 through good fortune as much as anything else.

QB: Hassellbeck has been solid for me starting and I think he'll continue to play well. Brady started the first game for me then I benched him; NE is not looking like a sure bet, although he'll have his moments. And Bulger has gotten his chance at starting. I'm still favoring Hassellbeck but that could change. Bulger starts in week 4 due to BYE weeks. Overall, though, I'm really happy I didn't draft a QB too high.
RB: Trouble. Henry is my only capable RB and, despite two good games to start the year, he got hurt in the 3rd and his status is unknown. Even without the injury I'm a bit concerned that Henry hasn't gotten many yards. But the best news? No fumbles so far. After that it's Hambrick and Betts, both of which I'd be afraid to start. I made a bad move and dropped Pittman after he did nothing the first week. I still think his court case will take him out of action, but right now I'd love to have him. I did pick up Michael Bennett onto IR in the slim hope he comes back strong late in the year. If Henry is hurt, I'm really going to be scrambling.
WR: Mixed bag -- Harrision has done nothing yet, but he will... he's got to. Hines Ward has been great and has definitely justified my picking him a bit early. Koren Robinson has played great too, although that week 2 benching nearly sunk me. Chad Johnson looks awesome to me but I still consider him 4th in this group. Dropped and re-added Santana Moss; who knows, he might be a good spot-start or have trade value.
TE: Gonzalez hasn't been much of a factor yet.
K: Ha, whatever. Morton Anderson and John Carney. Nothing happening here but what can you do.
D: NE and BUF. Buffalo has been sharp. New England hasn't been so hot, and with Milloy and Colvin gone they may not have as much value.

Overall I'm happy. I could be 1-2 and be sweating it, but right now I think I've got a couple weeks to get things sorted out and possibly trade for a RB. Being 3-0 with Harrison and Gonzalez both starting slow bodes well, I think. If Henry remains a reliable starter the rest of the team should round into shape. The most important factor is one a good friend once told me: "The key to fantasy football is keeping the other team from scoring too much."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home