Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Edwards is the Pick

I like the selection quite a bit. After all the smoke and rumors, the top 3 picks went down as one might have expected. The big drama was whether the Browns would trade down. It would have been a good move, but after hearing from Savage that Edwawrds was their clear #1 guy on the Browns board, well, you have to agree with taking him. And it was especially impressive that Savage admitted he felt Edwards was at the top for many months prior, and that he thought Ronnie Brown would go #2 as long as a couple months ago. I'm gonna trust that Savage knows what he is doing.

It is a bit suprising that Aaron Rodgers and Mike Williams remain on the board as I write this (8 picks in). I think Williams will be a very good player but I suppose the question marks about him are underdstandable. Rodgers appears to be a victim of circumstance. But I think whoever picks Rodgers will be happy they got him over Alex Smith (who appears to be an ass, whether he can help it or not). It's a little early to get excited, but I suppose there's a chance Rodgers could slide far enough back to make Jason Campbell a possibility at #34, but I won't get my hopes up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home