Dawghouse

Blogging the Cleveland Browns plus other Cleveland-area blather, plus other blather about other things.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I keep reading and hearing the sentiment that "at least Winslow wasn't killed in the accident." I don't disagree, but frankly it is not the first thing that pops into my mind. Maybe it is the first thing that pops into Kellen's head, or his father's or maybe the Postons', but to me the first thing I wonder is how someone can be so, so stupid. And the second is I try and think of a more applicable word than "stupid."

"I think Winslow is a complete punk ass." Hehe. Sometimes the gut-feeling is the only one that matters. But I still thought he'd be, you know, someone who PLAYED FOOTBALL. Now, I seriously wonder if he'll ever play for the Browns again. Why should he? What are the odds he'll come back strong even in 2006? A broken leg, then a torn ACL will do bad things to a guy. Will he ever be as fast/strong/quick/agile again? No way. When you consider the ahteltic and character issues surrounding this jerk, it should be a no-brainer that the team release him as soon as the opportunity arises. I don't care if he later goes on to be a Pro-Bowler, he doesn't deserve to be on my team and I'm not all that thrilled about him living around me either.

I've read in a few places that it is unlikely the Browns would try and recoup money from Winslow since it would mean the team is not "player friendly." That is crap. All it would mean is that the team expects players to abide by a mutually agreed upon contract. That's called being fair, and in pro sports that is getting treated pretty well.

Finally, I did enjoy hearing one of the Poston's on tv yesterday trying to explain how it is actually a GOOD thing that Winslow is still in the hospital because it means he's getting the best treatment. Ughhhhh yeah.... and it means the Poston's are crapping their pants.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I completely agree - I think the Browns should dump his sorry ass and collect on his signing bonus. This isn't a free ride and I sure as hell am not up for paying for stupidity.

    I don't about you, but if I was making millions of dollars a year, I would kind of know the details about what I can and cannot do.

    I'm so angry at Winslow - why do we have the 1st draft pick curse?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home